Following the devastating bushfires on the NSW South Coast, the Australian Government has made available a range of financial assistance to help with clean up and recovery.
The Small Business Bushfire Support Grant for $10,000 is now available. The grant is for small businesses in selected fire-affected Local Government areas, as determined by the NSW Government, that have experienced a significant decline in revenue as a result of the 2019-2020 bushfires.
The grant can be used to help cover the costs associated with recovery following the fires. You can spend it on expenses such as salaries, wages, utilities, fuel and/or financial advice.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a small business owner
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the bushfire
- have been engaged in carrying on the business in the defined disaster area when you were affected by the bushfire
- have suffered a decline in revenue of 40% or more in a three-month period, compared to the same period in the previous year, as a result of the bushfires
- be located in an eligible Local Government area.
Note: You may still be eligible for the grant if:
- you've already received assistance under the small business bushfire recovery grant (up to $50,000)
- your small business is located outside the defined disaster area but operates part-time or on some regular basis within the defined disaster area, or
- your small business does not meet the 40% revenue decline threshold or does not have a relevant three-month period comparison.
In the above instances, contact a Business Concierge at Service NSW by calling 137788 to discuss the options available to you.
Further information about the grant can be found on the Service NSW website.
You can apply online at the Service NSW website. Applications open the week commencing 16 March 2020. If you are not able to apply online, visit a:
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.