Following the devastating bushfires on the NSW South Coast, the Australian Government and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn are providing a range of supports to affected children, families and communities.
The Australian Government will:
- provide mental health support for school staff, students and families in bushfire affected communities
- provide financial support to child care services in bushfire affected communities
- provide Child Care Subsidy (CCS) activity test debt exemptions for families in bushfire affected communities
- provide an additional $400 to families for each child aged under 16 that is eligible for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
- provide scholarships for regional students from bushfire affected communities to help them attend university
Further information on these assistance packages can be found on the Department of Education website.
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG)
CECG has committed to providing practical and financial support to their schools in Batehaven, Broulee and Moruya that have been affected by the bushfires. This support includes:
- total fee remissions to families
- additional relief staffing to affected schools
- additional counselling services for students, staff and the wider school community
For more information contact Ben Duggan on (02) 6234 5454.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.