Following the devastating bushfires, a range of financial assistance has been made available to help with clean up and recovery.
Optus has established a special customer contact line dedicated to assisting customers impacted by the bushfires: 1300 301 671. Customers seeking assistance for other matters can call the Optus Customer Care line on 133 937.
Optus has put in place a financial assistance policy to support fire affected customers. Optus may offer customers:
- Free call diversions from an Optus fixed home phone to any mobile or fixed number
- Extended timeframes for bill payments
- Bill waivers in instances of extreme financial hardship; and
- Free suspension, relocation or cancellation of a fixed service
- Free prepaid credit which can be organised at Optus stores.
In addition, Optus will provide unmetered access to a range of emergency services websites for customers in bushfire affected areas to ensure that customers can access the information they need without exceeding their plan data caps.
There is also a dedicated section of the Optus website which provides a summary of all customer support measures: https://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/bushfire-support
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.