Following the devastating bushfires on the NSW South Coast, the NSW Government has made available a range of financial assistance to help with clean up and recovery.
Small business bushfire recovery grants of up to $50,000 are available to help pay for costs associated with the clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or non-profit organisation’s operations.
You must be a small business owner or non-profit organisation in a bushfire affected area and:
- have suffered direct bushfire damage to your business
- be primarily responsible for meeting the costs you would be claiming for
- have been conducting your business in the bushfire-affected area at the time of the bushfire
- be intending to re-establish your business or non-profit organisation in the same community or region.
If you operate multiple businesses under a single ABN at separate locations, you can register for assistance for each eligible business up to a combined total of $50,000.
You may also be eligible if your small business is located outside a defined disaster area, but:
- operates, or operated, on a part-time or regular basis in that defined disaster area, and
- equipment or a plant owned by your business was located in a defined disaster area at the time of the bushfire and was damaged.
For further information on eligibility and how to apply is available on the Service NSW website or by calling 137788.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.