Following the devastating bushfires on the NSW South Coast, the NSW Government has made available a range of financial assistance to help with clean up and recovery.
Special Disaster Grants of up to $75,000 are available for eligible primary producers impacted by the bushfire. A grant per affected property is available to help with costs associated with immediate recovery activities needed to rebuild their primary production enterprises.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- be a primary producer
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the disaster
- have a primary production enterprise located within the defined area for the eligible disaster that has suffered direct damage as a result of the eligible disaster
- have been engaged in carrying on the primary production enterprise when affected by the disaster
- have lodged an application on or before 31 July 2020
- intend to re-establish the primary production enterprise.
Further information on eligibility, FAQ's and how to apply is available on the Rural Assistance Authority website or by calling 1800 678 593.
Applications close on 31 July 2020.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
Landholders impacted by bushfire who require assistance with emergency fodder and water, or with livestock assessment can call the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 (open between 8am-8pm) or visit The Local Land Services website.