The Building Better Regions Fund Round 5 is now open for applications. Two funding streams are available – the Community Investments Stream and the Infrastructure Projects Stream.
- The Community Investments Stream will fund new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, or leadership and capability strengthening activities that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas. Grants of between $5000 and $1 million are available to cover 50% or more of eligible projects costs. More information about this stream of funding can be found here.
- The Infrastructure Projects Stream will support investment ready projects that provide economic and social benefits for regional and remote areas. Grants of between $20,000 and $10 million are available to cover 50% or more of eligible project costs. More information about this stream of funding can be found here.
Round Five of the program incorporates $100 million towards tourism-related infrastructure projects. Applicants wanting to seek funding under this portion will be asked to demonstrate the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your region’s tourism industry (or the region that will benefit from your proposed project) and how your project will provide benefits to the tourism industry to assist in mitigating the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible under the Building Better Regions Fund Round 5, you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a local government agency, or
- a non-distributing co-operative.
More information including eligibility criteria and how to apply can be found here. Applications for this grant close on 5 March 2021 and I encourage all interested groups to consider applying.