Under the Building Partnerships grant, Jobs NSW is assisting in technology based startups which are creating jobs for the future.
Businesses must have an ABN registered in NSW.
Grants are available across all industry sectors, as long as the business:
- is primarily focused on the development of technology
- owns the relevant intellectual property, or the rights to commercialise the technology
- has a relationship with a potential customer who can give feedback, or with a potential distributor willing to on-sell the technology.
The business must also be either:
- a resident of a co-working space, incubator or accelerator
- an established business able to provide recent financial statements to Jobs for NSW.
Grants are available to eligible businesses to receive up to 35% of approved project costs up to a maximum of $100,000 for projects that;
- complete pilot projects with key customers, providing evidence to accelerate market adoption of the company’s products or services
- fund new marketing partnerships here in Australia or overseas to develop innovative, new-to-market solutions.
The solution must use an enabling technology to address a compelling industry need or market gap.
‘Enabling technologies’ are new technologies or new uses for existing technologies that enable new products, services, or more efficient processes (e.g. mobile, cloud, analytics, sensors, advanced materials).
Applications and guidelines
Submissions are ongoing, however, interested applicants must go through a preliminary assessment process before being invited to apply for this funding.
The preliminary assessment form is to be completed online