The Community Capital Foundation’s mission is to support organisations to develop and/or enhance the capacity of the community by strengthening the connections of the people they serve. This connectedness and increased capacity to take action will enable them to get the most out of their lives.
For this round of grants the Foundation are focusing on Men’s Health and Wellbeing and are encouraging applications from organisations and groups who are seeking to develop and implement new projects that deliver better health and wellbeing outcomes for men of any age.
Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how their proposed project will;
- Specifically target and engage men in their local community/communities
- Increase sustainable, positive connections for men
- Promote prevention or early intervention
- Positively impact families, workplaces and communities
The Community Capital Foundation is a Public Ancillary Fund that will support our communities through both grant-giving and community-building initiatives.
Grants typically range from $5,000 – $50,000. Larger or smaller grants are at the discretion of The Community Capital Foundation’s Board of Directors based on the merits of the project.
- 1 February – 12 March. Notifications will take place on 30 March 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified on 30th March 2021.
To be eligible for a grant, organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Mission consistent with the Purpose of the Community Capital Foundation.
- Be a charitable organisation currently recognised by the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC).
- Have current Deductible Gift Recipient (1) status under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth). Applicants must not have received notice or information that its tax statuses have been revoked, modified, suspended or superseded by ATO action.
- Deliver a significant/meaningful proportion of their work to people that reside in the Northern Sydney Region.
- Have a reputation for credibility and integrity.
- An annual turnover (donations, funding or other) of $1,000,000 or less
- Demonstrated sustainability over at least 3 years.
- Provide information, advice, services and/or programs that aim to strengthen a person’s connection to community.
- Commit to receiving on-going support from the Community Capital Champions©, the Foundation’s committed volunteer partners who work with recipients to support the execution of the grant funding
As grant-giving is limited, each application is reviewed and evaluated against the Foundation’s eligibility criteria. Applications that do not meet this criteria will not receive grant support. To further clarify what types of applications are appropriate, the listing below describes areas that the Foundation does not support.
- Once-off sponsorships, competitions, events, tournaments etc.
- Religious organisations.
- Government-owned or managed organisations or institutions.
- Political activities, causes, candidates, organisations or campaigns including direct or grass roots lobbying.
- Grants to individuals in any form.
- Ongoing operating costs including staff costs/salaries, existing organisational overheads and the purchase of any capital items.
- Organisations that discriminate on any basis, including but not limited to race, religion and/or sexual orientation.