Creative Koori Projects funding aims to build support for a strong, resilient and exciting Aboriginal arts and cultural sector for NSW.
To be eligible for Creative Koori Projects funding you need to meet the following three criteria:
You must be an:
- Aboriginal individual or
- Aboriginal organisation/group; and
- Have a strong cultural affiliation with country that is now called NSW.
- Your project must be a clearly defined arts and cultural activity.
Your project must benefit NSW by either:
- employing NSW Aboriginal practicing artists or arts and cultural workers; and/or
- providing arts and cultural experiences to NSW Aboriginal communities and/or audiences.
You are ineligible to apply for Creative Koori Projects funding if:
- you are not Aboriginal or not an Aboriginal organisation
- you are a Create NSW designated Major Performing Arts company, State Significant Organisation, State Cultural Institution or Key Festival
- your project has commenced or already taken place, or
- you are applying for filmmaking, screen production, mainstream animation or film festivals
Funding is not available under this program for the following activities:
- projects that do not identify and acknowledge Aboriginal cultural authority and agency
- where cultural knowledge or guidance is being utilised, but cultural knowledge holders are not being recompensed
- filmmaking, screen production, mainstream animation or film festivals
How much funding is available?
There is no upper limit to the amount of funding you may request.
However, to be competitive, you must provide a level of detail in your written application, support material and budget appropriate to the level of your funding request.
This expectation will vary according to the following levels of funding request:
- applying for less than $20,000
- applying for at least $20,000 but less than $140,000
- applying for $140,000 or more.
You may not request funding for the total cost of your project. You must include an independent financial contribution (cash or in kind) from other sources. This amount varies according to the level of your funding request.
Applications are to be completed through SmartyGrants, opening on 3 February 2020 and closes 2 March 2020.
For further information contact Create NSW on (02) 8289 6520 or [email protected]