CSIRO Kick-Start is a new initiative for innovative Australian start-ups and small SMEs, providing funding support and access to CSIRO’s research expertise and capabilities to help grow and develop their business.
The program offers eligible businesses access to dollar-matched funding of $10,000-$50,000 to undertake the following research activities with CSIRO:
- Research into a new idea with commercial potential.
- Development of a novel or improved product or process.
- Test a novel product or material developed by the company.
CSIRO's experienced SME Connect team works alongside SMEs to identify the relevant research capabilities best suited to their needs, and facilitates researcher introductions and project scoping. We also assist with the application process and maintain an end-to-end engagement with the SME and researchers to ensure favourable outcomes for all parties.
CSIRO Kick-Start projects must be under 12 months in duration and businesses are required to make a cash contribution that matches the funding voucher.
Eligibility - who can access CSIRO Kick-Start?
Australian businesses will need to provide evidence they meet the following criteria as part of the application process:
- Have an annual turnover and operating expenditure <$1.5million, in the current and each of the two previous financial years OR have been a registered company for less than three years,
- Have an ACN and be registered for GST, and
- Be able to demonstrate they can fully support their proportion of the project funding.
Eligible companies are able to apply for a second Kick-Start project, after completion of their first, providing the total funding provided by SME Connect under CSIRO Kick-Start does not exceed $50,000.
For further information visit: https://www.csiro.au/en/Do-business/Solutions-for-SMEs/Our-Funding-programs/CSIRO-Kick-Start
Or contact my office: 02 4423 1782 or [email protected]