The Department of Human Services (DHS) is providing farming families that are experiencing financial hardship with assistance through planning and training for long-term financial improvements, as well as income support for up to 4 years.
Available assistance includes:
- A fortnightly payment and supplementary allowances, such as rent assistance, telephone and pharmaceutical allowances and a Health Care Card;
- Individual case support with a Farm Household Case Officer (FHCO) and a Rural Financial Counsellor (RFC);
- A financial assessment of the farm enterprise up to $1500;
- A $4000 activity supplement that gives farmers an opportunity to develop skills, access training and pay for advice to better manage their business into the future;
- Additional assistance may include a lump sum payment.
Applications are ongoing.