To be eligible to apply organisations must meet the eligibility criteria, as noted below and outlined in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
1. Disabled Peoples Organisations and Family Organisations (DPO/FOs) with paid staff and a Board, who meet both of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Actively evidence and demonstrate their commitment to the Social Model of Disability, which seeks to remove barriers for people with disability to access mainstream services and live an ordinary life; and
- Are run by and for people with disability and/or their families which is supported by evidence of a minimum of 50% of people with a disability and/or their families making up the organisation’s board or staff (or both).
(DPO/FOs who do not have paid staff can also apply. Eligibility criteria for these organisations is outlined in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.)
2. Priority Cohort Led Organisations (PCLs) - these organisations must have a minimum of 50% representation of the relevant cohort group on their board or staff and represent one or more of the following cohorts:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities; and/or organisations registered with the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC); and/or
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities; and/or
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, Asexual and Plus Cohort (LGBTIQA+).
The grant opportunity will fund activities that align with the following two activity types:
Activity type 1: Individual Capacity Building, which are activities that build the capacity of people with disability by ensuring that they have the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to set and achieve their goals.
Activity type 2: Organisational Capacity Building, which are activities that improve the ability of Disabled Peoples Organisations and Families Organisations (DPO/FOs) to deliver their organisational purpose and to deliver ILC in the community.
More information about the Individual Capacity Building Program Grant Opportunity, as well as requirements for applicants, can be found in the following grant opportunity documents:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- ILC Program Guidelines
- NDIA Simple Grant Agreement template
- General Grant Conditions
- NDIA Simple Grant Agreement Supplementary Terms
- Activity Project Plan Template
- Budget Template
- Authorisation to Apply as Auspice Template
- Unable to Provide Financial Statements Template
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 or email [email protected]
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote: 2019-3342 – Individual Capacity Building (ICB) Program Grant Opportunity 2019-2020, when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.
Or contact: [email protected]