The Federal government is providing grants from $100,000 up to $10 million to businesses. These grants are to support feasibility studies into more reliable, secure and cost effective energy supply to regional and remote communities in Australia.
An eligible organisation must be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation.
Eligible activities under the grant must address the intended outcomes of the program, this will be achieved through:
- improved regional business, community services and emergency resilience through innovative microgrid solutions
- scaled-up and improved microgrid systems in regional and remote communities
- increased human capital (skills/knowledge) in the design and deployment of microgrids
- demonstrated commerciality and/or reliability and security benefits of deploying and upgrading microgrids
- reduced barriers to microgrid uptake in remote and regional communities
- increased dissemination of technology and/or project knowledge regarding the deployment and upgrading of microgrids.
For further information and applications visit the Business website here.
Applications open 16 December 2020 and close 27 January 2021.