The Federal Government through the Regional Connectivity Program is providing infrastructure grants to improve retail mobile or broadband services to a regional, rural or remote community or a subset of the community.
An eligible organisation or applicant must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) an be either a licensed telecommunications carrier under the Telecommunications Act 1997 or owner OR intended owner of the Proposed Solution infrastructure who holds or intends to hold a Nominated Carrier Declaration (NCD) under the Telecommunications Act 1997 in relation to the infrastructure to be built or improved/upgraded.
for a joint (consortia) application:
- at least one organisation must be one of the entity types listed above. This will be the entity that enters into a Grant Agreement with the Commonwealth. However, such an application may be led by any of the following entity types:
- Licensed carriers or infrastructure owner (in the case a NCD applies)
- State and territory governments
- Local government, local governing bodies, and regional development bodies
- Industry, business, and community groups
- Not-for-profits; or
- First Nations community controlled organisations.
For further information about the grant and applications refer to the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications website. You can also contact my office with queries on 4423 1782 or email [email protected]
Applications close 5pm 20 October 2020.