The NSW Government is providing grants between $500 to $3000 to small businesses and not-for-profits. These grants are to assist small businesses and not-for-profits to reopen or scale-up their operations and ensure the safety for their staff and the public.
A business or not-for-profit organisation will be eligible for the grant if they:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) as at 1 March 2020 registered in NSW;
- have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000 as at 1 March 2020;
- have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff (including non-employing businesses, such as non-employing sole traders) as at 1 March 2020;
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 as at 1 March 2020;
- have experienced a decline in turnover of at least 30 per cent from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019;
- are in a highly impacted industry (see Attachment A) as at 1 March 2020. These industries were impacted by the COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order 2020;
- have costs from 1 July 2020 associated with safely reopening or scaling up their business.
Eligible may activities include:
- fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts);
- staff training and counselling (for example, health & safety risks and mitigation strategies);
- business advice and continuity planning;
- cleaning products and additional cleaning services;
- additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures;
- marketing, communications and advertising (for example, to let the community know the business is operating again); and
- digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites)
Applications close 11:59pm 16 August 2020.