The Community Banking Sector in partnership with the Community Enterprise Foundation are supporting not-for-profit organisations with grants from $25,000 to $50,000. These grants focus on building the capacity of not-for-profits through acquisition of staff to deliver a project, training and development of new or existing staff to deliver a project and software development to improve existing capability or capacity of the project.
An eligible organisation must be not-for-profit with an annual turnover greater than $250,000 and no more than $5,000,000.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Activities that the grant supports should be completed by the end of 2021
- The grant will only support projects that benefit communities in Australia and create impact
- All applications will be required to demonstrate operational and financial stability by providing appropriate information and documentation
- A full budget to be provided as part of the application
- Funding to be directed to organisational capacity building that will increase capacity to deliver services and support that addresses community needs and creates impact
- Capacity to document and replicate initiatives elsewhere viewed favourably
- Funding sources/capacity to leverage resources from elsewhere beneficial
- Not-for-profits from all subsectors are encouraged to apply but need to demonstrate they are clearly working to address needs and overcome disadvantage in the community eg. environment, education, aged care, disability, housing etc.
- Program focus is on building capacity of organisations to increase their impact going forward. Funding is not available for regular programs or services
- Geographic spread/location is a consideration for the Grants Advisory Committee. Applicants must be local, state or nationwide organisations
- Previous grant recipients are welcome to apply
- Applicants for strategic impact grants need to submit an application for monetary social investment grants and complete the additional questions to be considered for in-kind support
Applications open 3 August 2020 and close 11 September 2020.