The Foundation of Rural and Regional Renewal is providing grants of up to $10,000 to projects that are meeting an immediate small scale need within the community, or for giving a boost to a larger initiative. 'Larger Leverage Grants' up to $25,00 are also available to support projects that provide long term resources to communities.
An eligible organisation or applicant must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be a not-for-profit community based organisation.
Eligible projects may include:
- Repair and maintenance of small to mid-scale community infrastructure, such as public halls, preschools and recreation reserves.
- Providing communications equipment and enhancing infrastructure and systems, especially for emergency services organisations.
- Community events and capacity building, such as volunteer training, support and development.
- Support for collaborative, community based arts and cultural activities that provide broad community benefit.
- Community heritage projects such as infrastructure and equipment.
- Community based tourism and economic development activities to support the vitality and economic sustainability for small rural communities.
For further information about the grant and applications refer to the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal website. You can also contact my office with queries on 4423 1782 or email [email protected]
Applications for Round 8 closes 23 February 2021.