The Volunteer Grants program is providing local not-for-profit organisations in Gilmore with small grants between $1,000 and $5,000.
This is a great opportunity for local organisations who work very hard to support vulnerable people in our community. I encourage all eligible organisations to apply.
To be an eligible organisation you must:
- Use a large proportion of volunteers in your organisation, with a minimum of 40%.
- Be a not-for-profit organisation
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide a Statement by Supplier Form
- Have an account with a Australian financial institution
Eligible equipment and expenditure includes:
- The purchase of eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- Contributions to volunteers' fuel costs
- Contributions to transport costs for volunteers with a disability who are unable to drive in association with their volunteering activity
- Assistance with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- The undertaking of background screening checks for volunteers
Expressions of interest are now open and are to be completed through the online application form.
Applications close 5:00pm on Friday 7 February 2020.